Allison Mayer-Oakes, MD, MSPH, FACP
I started my career working in clinics like the Neighborhood Clinics. I went on to be a professor at UCLA, a senior scientist at a Health Information company, a preventive care improvement Consultant for the state of California and many clinical positions including at Sansum and private practice in Santa Barbara. Working at The Neighborhood Clinics has been an honor and privilege for me. I have always believed that health care is a right for everyone and that every human being has inherent worth and dignity. I am grateful to be part of the Clinic “family”, and to encourage and promote wellness and physical, social and emotional health in my patients.
Kickboxing, hiking, traveling and spending time with my family.
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Internship: LA County USC Medical Center
- Residency: UC Irvine Primary Care Internal Medicine program
- Fellowship: Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars program and Geriatrics both at UCLA
- Masters Degree in Public Health: UCLA School of Public Health